About THOMO : Benefits & Impacts
- Interrelations with other projects: To realize the targets for road safety in the future, stakeholders indicate the necessity of integrating research capacities currently existing or emerging as far as possible. For this purpose COVER brings together coordinators of four FP7 projects in the field of crash biomechanics: CASPER, EPOCh, THORAX and THOMO.
- The objectives of COVER are:
- Develop a harmonized and consistent direction of research.
- Accelerate the implementation of research findings.
- The biomechanical know-how from these four projects embedded in numerical and experimental tools will enable the design and evaluation of new (improved) vehicle safety technologies.
- This project fits into a worldwide project, called Global Human Body Model, which aims to create and maintain the world’s most biofidelic human body models.